Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by oceatoon <t....@systheo.com> on 2004/05/29 13:36:18 UTC

CForms: multiple forms (template) using one model, one bind and multiple templates

Hi to everybody,

I have a multiple forms system working great with Flow in which each Form
has it's own model,bind template, and they all fill the samme finale XML
data result. The problem is I have to reload for each Form the model, the
bind,the result data file ... :(
So I am now trying to refactor this into using only one model, and one bind,
and multiple templates. In this case I load one model, bind only once, and
simply jump from one form(template) to another saving  at each sequence
into my unique data file through my unique binder. :)

but..... :(
I face a problem: After having appended all models and binds, this works for
each form independently (meaning I can load templates and insert into data
one by one) but when I try to aline them in sequence, the system loops(in
ShowForm function) on the first form that is loaded ????
I looked into the ShowForms Method, and it seems to be looping back to a
bookmark after an unsuccesfull validation. So I removed all validators on
my widgets but this persists???

Thanx for the brainstorm

Tibor

Re: CForms: multiple forms (template) using one model, one bind and multiple templates

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 13:36, oceatoon wrote:
> Hi to everybody,
>
> I have a multiple forms system working great with Flow in which each Form
> has it's own model,bind template, and they all fill the samme finale XML
> data result. The problem is I have to reload for each Form the model, the
> bind,the result data file ... :(
> So I am now trying to refactor this into using only one model, and one bind,
> and multiple templates. In this case I load one model, bind only once, and
> simply jump from one form(template) to another saving  at each sequence
> into my unique data file through my unique binder. :)
>
> but..... :(
> I face a problem: After having appended all models and binds, this works for
> each form independently (meaning I can load templates and insert into data
> one by one) but when I try to aline them in sequence, the system loops(in
> ShowForm function) on the first form that is loaded ????
> I looked into the ShowForms Method, and it seems to be looping back to a
> bookmark after an unsuccesfull validation. So I removed all validators on
> my widgets but this persists???

Maybe because there are fields with required="true" on them?

Note that what you're doing here is currently not supported. See also
the reply I just gave to the message titled "forms validation question"
on the dev list.