Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Samuel Cheung <sy...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/23 02:01:32 UTC

Questions about persisten property

Hi,

If I create persistent property like this:
<property-specification name="path" type="java.lang.String"
persistent="yes"/>
And I have abstract method like these:
    public abstract String getPath();
    public abstract void setPath(String path);

Does tapestry maintain a "copy" or a "reference" of the  path?
i.e. if I do a setPath(myPath) and later on, I do a "getPath()" will the
2 objects be the same ( == return true)?

And when will the reference of the 'path' be free?

Thank you.

Sam

Re: Questions about persisten property

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Samuel Cheung <sylcheung <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Does tapestry maintain a "copy" or a "reference" of the  path?

reference.

> i.e. if I do a setPath(myPath) and later on, I do a "getPath()" will the
> 2 objects be the same ( == return true)?

Should be the same.

> And when will the reference of the 'path' be free?

When it is garbage collected. This is possible if
the session is timed out or invalidated.