Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Brendan Humphreys <br...@thecortex.net> on 2004/04/06 06:45:46 UTC

how to change the name of a linked file

Hi folks,

I have two questions regarding content aggregation that I'm hoping
someone can help me with:

1. I have an aggregate entry in my site.xml:

    <whole_site_pdf label="User Manual in PDF" href="site.pdf"/>

but I'd really like to have the generated file called something other
than "site.pdf" (e.g. "usermanual.pdf"). How do I achieve this within
Forrest?

2. Question 2.1 in the Forrest FAQ implies that Forrest can create one
pdf-file for "selected pages of the site". The answer to that question
doesn't give details of how to do selective aggregation (it only shows
"whole site" aggregation based on site.xml). Can anybody show me how to
generate a pdf-file from a subset of my site?

Thanks for any help people can provide.

Cheers,
-Brendan

Re: how to change the name of a linked file

Posted by Brendan Humphreys <br...@thecortex.net>.
Stephan E. Schlierf wrote:

> Brendan Humphreys schrieb:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have two questions regarding content aggregation that I'm hoping
>> someone can help me with:
>>
>> 1. I have an aggregate entry in my site.xml:
>>
>>    <whole_site_pdf label="User Manual in PDF" href="site.pdf"/>
>>
>> but I'd really like to have the generated file called something other
>> than "site.pdf" (e.g. "usermanual.pdf"). How do I achieve this within
>> Forrest?
>

> The following should do the trick:
> Edit the file sitemap.xmap in your forrest-source directory (located in
>  src/resources/conf/sitemap.xmap or src/core/context/sitemap.xmap -
> depends on the forrest version you use)
> Around line 185 you find something like
>
> <map:match pattern="site.xml">
>    <map:mount uri-prefix="" src="aggregate.xmap" check-reload="yes" />
> </map:match>
>
> Just change the value "site.xml" to e.g. "usermanual.xml" and rebuild
> forrest. After that, make sure that in site.xml of your project you
> refer to unsermanual.html rersp. usermanual.pdf:
> <wholePDF label"User Manuzal (PDF)" href="usermanual.pdf"/>

Thanks Stephan. I had thought of this, but really don't want to have to
muck with forrests sitemap files every time I want to change the name of
the file. I want to be able to control the name of the pdf-file in my
build (e.g. to include a version number in the name).

Re: how to change the name of a linked file

Posted by "Stephan E. Schlierf" <st...@vsa.de>.
Brendan Humphreys schrieb:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have two questions regarding content aggregation that I'm hoping
> someone can help me with:
>
> 1. I have an aggregate entry in my site.xml:
>
>    <whole_site_pdf label="User Manual in PDF" href="site.pdf"/>
>
> but I'd really like to have the generated file called something other
> than "site.pdf" (e.g. "usermanual.pdf"). How do I achieve this within
> Forrest?

The following should do the trick:
Edit the file sitemap.xmap in your forrest-source directory (located in
  src/resources/conf/sitemap.xmap or src/core/context/sitemap.xmap -
depends on the forrest version you use)
Around line 185 you find something like

<map:match pattern="site.xml">
    <map:mount uri-prefix="" src="aggregate.xmap" check-reload="yes" />
</map:match>

Just change the value "site.xml" to e.g. "usermanual.xml" and rebuild
forrest. After that, make sure that in site.xml of your project you
refer to unsermanual.html rersp. usermanual.pdf:
<wholePDF label"User Manuzal (PDF)" href="usermanual.pdf"/>

> 2. Question 2.1 in the Forrest FAQ implies that Forrest can create one
> pdf-file for "selected pages of the site". The answer to that question
> doesn't give details of how to do selective aggregation (it only shows
> "whole site" aggregation based on site.xml). Can anybody show me how to
> generate a pdf-file from a subset of my site?

Sorry,I can't help. This is a question I do like to know the answer to,
too...

Stephan