Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by "Joe Reger, Jr." <re...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/06 18:36:22 UTC

ProcessTrain Number of "Stops" before "segmenting" configurable?

Hi all!

Love the processTrain!  I recently found some great new power
built-in... when you have seven "stops" on your track it'll break them
up for you automatically.

The problem is that I have a particular scenerio where I don't want
them to break up... I want all seven on the screen(s) at all times.

Is there a configuration setting that'll allow me to do this?  If not,
what's the hurdle number for it to start breaking the train up?  Five
doesn't seem to do it.  Seven does.  So I'm guessing dix or seven.

Thanks,

Joe

Re: ProcessTrain Number of "Stops" before "segmenting" configurable?

Posted by "Joe Reger, Jr." <re...@gmail.com>.
> You could add a skin property

Thanks to all for the comments.  A skin property would certainly be
nice but I could envision needing to set it differently in various
parts of the application.  Maybe an attribute for the main tag would
make more sense?  Either way I think it'd make a great enhancement!

Posted by Jeanne Waldman <je...@oracle.com>.
This could be an enhancement. It would be a good example of using a
skinning property.

You could add a skin property, like -ora-number-visible-stations (note,
I'll have to follow through on the thread regarding changing the -ora-
to something else).
So in the skin file you'd do this:
af|processTrain {-ora-number-visible-stations: 10 }
(The default would be 6)

Then we'd need to change the train renderer to honor this number instead
of hard-coding it to 6. Then ALL processTrain components that are
defined in the application will use this property value defined in the skin.

- Jeanne

Posted by Si...@DMR.CA.