Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org> on 2016/11/16 20:17:38 UTC

[RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 3.0.10 released

The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Cassandra version 3.0.10.

Apache Cassandra is a fully distributed database. It is the right choice
when you need scalability and high availability without compromising
performance.

 http://cassandra.apache.org/

Downloads of source and binary distributions are listed in our download
section:

 http://cassandra.apache.org/download/

This version is a bug fix release[1] on the 3.0 series. As always,
please pay attention to the release notes[2] and Let us know[3] if you
were to encounter any problem.

Enjoy!

[1]: (CHANGES.txt) https://goo.gl/qplvTw
[2]: (NEWS.txt) https://goo.gl/whvLcU
[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 3.0.10 released

Posted by Vladimir Yudovin <vl...@winguzone.com>.
&gt;My question was about a different option named "offheap_objects".

Sorry.

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Hosted Cloud Cassandra
Launch your cluster in minutes.

---- On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 07:56:10 -0500Oleksandr Shulgin &lt;oleksandr.shulgin@zalando.de&gt; wrote ----

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Vladimir Yudovin &lt;vladyu@winguzone.com&gt; wrote:

Hi,

&gt;Does this mean that offheap_objects is still available or that there is no longer support for offheap memtables in version 3.0?

If you  set offheap_buffers in cassandra.yaml in 3.0.10, you'll get exception

offheap_buffers are not available in 3.0. They will be re-introduced in a future release, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-9472 for details

on Cassandra start.

Thank you.  My question was about a different option named "offheap_objects".  I've already figured out that it was removed even earlier with the release of 3.0.

--

Alex

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 3.0.10 released

Posted by Oleksandr Shulgin <ol...@zalando.de>.

Posted by Vladimir Yudovin <vl...@winguzone.com>.
Hi,

&gt;Does this mean that offheap_objects is still available or that there is no longer support for offheap memtables in version 3.0?

If you  set offheap_buffers in cassandra.yaml in 3.0.10, you'll get exception

offheap_buffers are not available in 3.0. They will be re-introduced in a future release, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-9472 for details

on Cassandra start.

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Hosted Cloud Cassandra
Launch your cluster in minutes.

---- On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 06:02:15 -0500Oleksandr Shulgin &lt;oleksandr.shulgin@zalando.de&gt; wrote ----

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 9:17 PM, Michael Shuler &lt;michael@pbandjelly.org&gt; wrote:

&gt;

&gt; The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the release of Apache

&gt; Cassandra version 3.0.10.

&gt;

&gt; Apache Cassandra is a fully distributed database. It is the right choice

&gt; when you need scalability and high availability without compromising

&gt; performance.

&gt;

&gt;  http://cassandra.apache.org/

&gt;

&gt; Downloads of source and binary distributions are listed in our download

&gt; section:

&gt;

&gt;  http://cassandra.apache.org/download/

&gt;

&gt; This version is a bug fix release[1] on the 3.0 series. As always,

&gt; please pay attention to the release notes[2] and Let us know[3] if you

&gt; were to encounter any problem.

Hello,

From the NEWS file:

3.0.10

=====

Upgrading

---------

   - memtable_allocation_type: offheap_buffers is no longer allowed to be specified in the 3.0 series.

     This was an oversight that can cause segfaults. Offheap was re-introduced in 3.4 see CASSANDRA-11039

     and CASSANDRA-9472 for details.

Posted by Oleksandr Shulgin <ol...@zalando.de>.
On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 9:17 PM, Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>
wrote:

> The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
> Cassandra version 3.0.10.
>
> Apache Cassandra is a fully distributed database. It is the right choice
> when you need scalability and high availability without compromising
> performance.
>
>  http://cassandra.apache.org/
>
> Downloads of source and binary distributions are listed in our download
> section:
>
>  http://cassandra.apache.org/download/
>
> This version is a bug fix release[1] on the 3.0 series. As always,
> please pay attention to the release notes[2] and Let us know[3] if you
> were to encounter any problem.

Hello,

From the NEWS file:

3.0.10

Posted by Oleksandr Shulgin <ol...@zalando.de>.
wrote:

> The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
> Cassandra version 3.0.10.
>
> Apache Cassandra is a fully distributed database. It is the right choice
> when you need scalability and high availability without compromising
> performance.
>
>  http://cassandra.apache.org/
>
> Downloads of source and binary distributions are listed in our download
> section:
>
>  http://cassandra.apache.org/download/
>
> This version is a bug fix release[1] on the 3.0 series. As always,
> please pay attention to the release notes[2] and Let us know[3] if you
> were to encounter any problem.

Hello,

From the NEWS file:

3.0.10