Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org> on 2012/02/05 19:12:20 UTC

[VOTE] Release Sqoop version 1.4.1-incubating

This is the second incubator release for Apache Sqoop, version 1.4.1-incubating.

*** Please cast your vote by [3 working days after sending] ***

The list of fixed issues:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sqoop/branches/branch-1.4.1/CHANGES.txt

The tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), checksum (*.md5),
and test result (log/*.ant_test.log):
http://people.apache.org/~jarcec/sqoop-1.4.1-incubating-r1/

The tag to be voted upon:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sqoop/tags/release-1.4.1-rc1

The KEYS file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/sqoop/KEYS

Re: [VOTE] Release Sqoop version 1.4.1-incubating

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
+1

* Verified signatures.
* Verified md5sums
* Necessary files present at top level: NOTICE.txt, LICENSE.txt,
DISCLAIMER.txt
* CHANGES.txt looks up-to-date
* Ran RAT - all files have required license headers
* Verified all unit tests (ant test) with default hadoop version (23)
* Verified all third party tests (ant test -Dthirdparty=true) with default
hadoop version (23)
* Verified all unit tests with hadoop version 20
* Verified all third party tests with hadoop version 20
* Manually verified a simple import/export scenario with Apache Hadoop
0.20.205 and Oracle.

One suggestion: it will be great to provide binaries for all major hadoop
distributions, specially 20 and 23/1.0.

Thanks,
Arvind

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Please do not waste cycles on this release candidate, there were some good suggestions that I'm going to put into next release candidate. I'll sent another email shortly.

Jarcec