Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com> on 2013/12/18 05:32:14 UTC

Accumulo 1.6.0 HA namenode testing

Has anyone has done any HA namenode testing w/ 1.6.0?

I have started poking at viewfs:// w/ two regular namenodes and have been
finding issues.   I want to eventually run the test suite against Accumulo
1.6.0 w/ multiple HA namenodes.

Re: Accumulo 1.6.0 HA namenode testing

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 12/17/13, 11:52 PM, Keith Turner wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM, Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been running CI tests against 1.5.1 with HA (QJM) Namenode support
>> for a few weeks now. Earlier this week I started running the same against
>> 1.6.0.
>>
>> AFAICT, everything has been fine so far. This is with the
>> hdfs-agitation.pl (causing a failover using the haadmin command every ten
>> minutes) script that Sean provided a while back.
>

> Were you also killing datanodes and tservers?  Did you run continuous
> ingest and verify?

Yes and yes.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by Ravi Mutyala <ra...@hortonworks.com>.
Do you mean a federated cluster? Different namenodes that share the same
datanodes.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Accumulo 1.6.0 HA namenode testing

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@clouderagovt.com>.
On Dec 18, 2013 12:00 AM, "Keith Turner" <ke...@deenlo.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:52 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey+ml@clouderagovt.com
>wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM, Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >

> > > I was not using the correct terminology for what I was thinking, but
I am
> > > not sure what the correct terminology is.  I do not want to be
limited by
> > > the memory of one machine for hdfs metadata and I want HA.  So would
it
> > be
> > > correct to say that I want to test with multiple HA nameservices?
For
> > > example test 1.6 w/ three nameservices, where each nameservice has
two HA
> > > namenodes.   This would allow hdfs metadata to spread across the
memory
> > of
> > > three machines.
> > >

> > These HDFS nameservices are independent HDFS instances using the new
> > span-HDFS-instances feature in Accumulo 1.6? Or they are nameservices
using
> > HDFS federation across HA pairs?
> >

> HDFS federation across HA pairs, describes what I am thinking.   I did
want
> the HA pairs to share datanodes as Ravi mentioned.  So I would like to
test
> w/ 2 or more federated HA pairs.

Yeah, that's a supported configuration of HDFS federation with HA. HDFS
Federation always shares datanodes.

I've done some testing on earlier versions with HA as Josh described.
Nothing with Federation yet.

Re: Accumulo 1.6.0 HA namenode testing

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@clouderagovt.com>.