Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org> on 2020/01/28 21:54:12 UTC

Changes to README and Github config

Hi all,

just FYI, I've just updated the README files in our Github repos and added
the links to Jira, Confluence and a short section that shows some first
steps how to contribute to StreamPipes.

I also created an asf.yaml file for the incubator-streampipes and
incubator-streampipes-extensions projects to auto-configure our Github
settings, so that issues, wiki and project management is now disabled in
Github. This is to avoid that issues are spread over Jira and Github. The
asf.yaml also allows to update the Github description and tags - so if you
have any ideas for good tags to better find StreamPipes on Github, just
modify this file. Changes are only updated on the master branch.

Dominik

Re: Changes to README and Github config

Posted by Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org>.
Hi Dominik,

the changes look good. Especially the section for new contributors is helpful.

I think implementing new processors is also a good starting point for new developers. We should provide a list (in Jira) with some processor ideas.
Maybe we can collect some ideas here on the mailing list.
So if anyone of you has an idea for a processor or sink, please send a description of the input, output, configuration parameters and the functionality of the processor.

Philipp