Posted to user@struts.apache.org by shahfazal <fa...@louisiana.edu> on 2003/12/24 17:55:14 UTC

logic:iterate problem (not loading complete jsp)

Hi all-
I have a problem which i'm sure someone else must have gone thru. I have a
collection of Value Objects that hve properties like firstName, lastName
etc. I wrote a getter in the form bean that returns this collection of
value objects
[code]
// This is my IncompleteFolderAction.java
while(rs.next())
{
         application = new ApplicationVO();
         application.setFirstName(rs.getString("FIRST_NAME"));
         application.setLastName(rs.getString("LAST_NAME"));
}

// This is my IncompleteFolderForm.java (form bean)
public Collection getApplications()
{
         return applications;
}
[/code]

the following is the code i wrote on the jsp to access this collection and
iterate thru the value objects

<logic:iterate id="appList" name="incompleteFolderForm"
property="applications">
</logic:iterate>

  and my struts-config.xml contains an action name="incompleteFolderForm"
that maps to the form-bean IncompleteFolderForm

My problem is i dont see anythign on the jsp once it returns ..it's all
blank .. but the getter methods are being accessed coz i printed a string
from the getApplications() and it did print. when i tried to view the
source of the jsp .. it shows only half (or less, i dont know) of the
source code ..it's as if the page stopped loading .. i've been working on
it since like 2 days now.. and it'd be really great if anyone could help me
or point me to some place where i can get some info

I'm using Apache Tomcat 5.0 with Struts 1.1 ...

Thankx a lot :)

Regards..

Shahfazal Mohammed
Research A$$i$tant
Center for Business and Information Technologies
http://www.cbit.louisiana.edu