Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com> on 2011/02/24 19:28:38 UTC

Default assignees by component

Hi, everyone.  Is it possible to configure our jira instance to assign
jiras to component owners when no explicit assignee is given?

I ask because I've recently been looking at ways to clean up our jira
database.  One big problem stands out: many open issues are unassigned,
and they often remain that way for more than a year.

It's my hope that having a single default assignee for each component,
someone who can then reassign the issue as needed, will help these jiras
get the attention they deserve.

Justin

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Default assignees by component

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
*assign myself as a component lead, obviously...

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Ah!

I totally missed that option previously, I was looking at the project
settings for assignee.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I have just checked this with Keith Wall's help (needed a non committer to
be sure) and it seems this isnt possible.

The default assignee can only be configured to Unassigned or the Project
Lead (Carl), and not an individual Component Lead.

Robbie

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
I will volunteer for the java client side.

Rajith

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 02/25/2011 03:33 AM, Gordon Sim wrote:
>
>> On 02/24/2011 06:28 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, everyone. Is it possible to configure our jira instance to assign
>>> jiras to component owners when no explicit assignee is given?
>>>
>>> I ask because I've recently been looking at ways to clean up our jira
>>> database. One big problem stands out: many open issues are unassigned,
>>> and they often remain that way for more than a year.
>>>
>>> It's my hope that having a single default assignee for each component,
>>> someone who can then reassign the issue as needed, will help these jiras
>>> get the attention they deserve.
>>>

>> I think that's a good idea. I've missed a few Jiras by accident. I'd be
>> happy to
>> volunteer to be the default assignee for the c++ client and/or broker.
>>

> I'll take clustering

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat