Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Andy Bass <wa...@vuse.vanderbilt.edu> on 1998/05/13 00:41:04 UTC

general/2222: The SSI handler is processing invalid URLs

>Number:         2222
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       The SSI handler is processing invalid URLs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.2.6, 1.3b6
>Environment:
% uname -a
SunOS basswa 5.6 Generic sun4c sparc SUNW,Sun_4_50

GNU gcc 2.7.2.3 SPARC Solaris 2.6
Invalid requests for a SSI enabled document are succeeding.

e.g.  requests for the document "http://your.domain.com/test.shtml" are
successful, but requests for http://your.domain.com/test.shtml/test.shtml
will also succeed (the server returns the document, but relative links to
graphics are broken).  Since the file /test.shtml/test.shtml does not
exist the server should return a 404 error.  I have also tried to request
/test.shtml/another_file.html and the server returns the same results as
/test.shtml/test.shtml.

I have seen this problem with both the .shtml handler and the XBitHack
method of enabling SSIs.
http://continuum.real-time.com/index.text.shtml
http://continuum.real-time.com/index.text.shtml/index.text.shtml
http://www.cs.umbc.edu/agents/agentnews/index.shtml