Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Helio <pi...@ibest.com.br> on 2006/06/27 19:59:53 UTC

Re: query feature extensions

Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reutegger <at> gmx.net> writes:

> Cédric Damioli wrote:
> > Jukka Zitting a écrit :
> >> 2) Support for predicates in location steps:
> >>

> >> //element(*,nt:file)[ <at> jcr:created>'...']/jcr:content[ <at>
jcr:lastModified<'...']

> > This one already works, don't it ?
> > I run many queries like this one in my app.
> > I don't know if it belongs to JCR 1.0, but Jackrabbit handles it correctly.
>
> as per the jcr specification only a predicate at the last location step
> must be supported. so, this is an extension to the jcr 1.0 spec that
> might find its way into jsr-283.
>
> btw, thanks for the priority lists sent so far.
>
> regards
>   marcel

My wish is that jackrabbit supports searches expressions like this (in sql):
SELECT * FROM my:base WHERE jcr:path LIKE '/FOLDER1/F%'
(where "jcr:path would be whatever other word that could refers to the path...)

So whatever the name of the child nodes of /FOLDER1, if it begins with "F" and
it is kind of "my:base", it will be returned and theirs child nodes too.
I don't know if this kind of wish was already posted by someone, but, only to
increase this list, here you are.

Thanks
Helio.