Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by LB <co...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2022/02/04 08:49:00 UTC

Fuseki UI with RDF Star

Hi all,

just using latest Fuseki UI and it looks like

1) RDF Star isn't supported by the query parser - it complains with some
red marker but at least we can run queries nevertheless

2) more problematic, it can't visualize RDF Star neither from SELECT
queries in a table nor for CONSTRUCT queries

Especially 2) I find rather misleading as the only feedback you get is
something like "Unexpected "<<" on line 66." which comes from the result
parser I guess.

Am I missing something, maybe using just the wrong version or a too old
part of YASGUI? Or is it a known limitation you're aware of? If so,
maybe we should mention it somewhere?

Cheers,

Lorenz

Re: Fuseki UI with RDF Star

Posted by LB <co...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hey Andy,

I see.

Yeah, YASR is using N3 to parse at the Graph Result, used version is

"n3": "^1.3.5"

there is already a newer version for N3 which I think is capable of
parsing RDF Star [1] (modulo bugs [2] )

So for Graph results it would take to bump the N3 version and adapt YASR
code.

For SELECT queries they're using the own stuff, e.g. for SPARQL+XML it
happens somewhere here:
https://github.com/TriplyDB/Yasgui/blob/71dfb7300436c03371fb1e0a356f034f829ecfa4/packages/yasr/src/parsers/xml.ts#L18

Apparently, CONSTRUCT queries with Turtle as result format at least
return in such a state that you can watch and save the response, for XML
it fails with "server error"

[1] https://github.com/rdfjs/N3.js/blob/main/src/N3Parser.js#L31

[2] https://github.com/rdfjs/N3.js/issues/272

Re: Fuseki UI with RDF Star