Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Easton, Evan " <ee...@ptc.com> on 2003/07/21 15:17:51 UTC

Subversion-CruiseControl Integration?

Any of you Subversioners implement CruiseControl support for Subversion
yet?  I was using CruiseControl+CVS for a while, but now that I finally
got my CVS repo converted (thanks Karl for all the work on cvs2svn.py!),
I'd like to get cruisecontrol doing automatic builds for me again.

It doesn't look like it'd be too difficult to implement something to
contribute to cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net, but I don't want to
reinvent the wheel.
Evan

Re: Subversion-CruiseControl Integration?

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"etienne studer" <et...@canoo.com> writes:
> I think the answer depends on whether the cruise control team will integrate
> the subversion tasks into their project in the near future and thereby
> making them available to anybody that checks out cruisecontrol or whether
> they won't for any reason.
>
> For now, I'd be more than happy to place them in the subversion tree so
> everybody interested can use them and also provide feedback.

Have you asked the CruiseControl team yet?

I have no objection to putting them in Subversion if they're going to
live there for a significant amount of time, but I'd rather not
confuse users by having them here for just a while, and then having
them somewhere else.  The earlier they find their permanent home, the
better for everyone.

-Karl

RE: Subversion-CruiseControl Integration?

Posted by etienne studer <et...@canoo.com>.
Hi Karl

I think the answer depends on whether the cruise control team will integrate
the subversion tasks into their project in the near future and thereby
making them available to anybody that checks out cruisecontrol or whether
they won't for any reason.

For now, I'd be more than happy to place them in the subversion tree so
everybody interested can use them and also provide feedback.

Etienne

Posted by etienne studer <et...@canoo.com>.
Hi Evan

I just posted Subversion task and Subversion Bootstrapper task to the
Cruisecontrol developer mailing list: two Java files (plus test cases) and
example config - no additional libraries needed.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=2855752&forum_id=2202

Does that help you?

Best regards, Etienne

Posted by Arild Fines <ar...@broadpark.no>.
Easton, Evan wrote:
> Any of you Subversioners implement CruiseControl support for
> Subversion yet?  I was using CruiseControl+CVS for a while, but now
> that I finally got my CVS repo converted (thanks Karl for all the
> work on cvs2svn.py!), I'd like to get cruisecontrol doing automatic
> builds for me again.
>
> It doesn't look like it'd be too difficult to implement something to
> contribute to cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net, but I don't want to
> reinvent the wheel. Evan

This might not be helpful to you, but Draco.NET(http://draconet.sf.net),
which is a CruiseControl derivative, has supported Subversion for quite some
time now(Subversion support contributed by yours truly). If nothing else,
you can use the source as a starting point.

--
Arild