Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Pringle <jp...@dadpcxsf.com> on 2002/02/05 05:16:46 UTC

testing install

Using Win 2k Pro, I followed the Tomcat 4 tutorial @ Java Boutique (http://javaboutique.internet.com/tutorials/Tomcat/compile.html) but ran into a snag while testing the server.  While testing some simple servlets ip lace a HelloWorld.class example into 'install-directory/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes' and it wouldn't run.  The server said it couldn't find it.  I moved it over to 'install-directory/examples/WEB-INF/classes' and it ran fine.  Weird but I continued.  Next was to test servlets that use packages.  I compiled the servlet with no problem, moved it to the  'install-directory/examples/WEB-INF/classes/moreservlets' directory but Tomcat doesn't find it.  Is there some configurations I'm missing?  Any ideas, thanks..