Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Anderson vasconcelos <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/13 22:34:18 UTC

Migrate Lucene 2.9 To SOLR

Hi

I have a old project that use Lucene 2.9. Its possible to use the index
created by lucene in SOLR? May i just copy de index to data directory of
SOLR, or exists some mechanism to import Lucene index?

Thanks

Re: Migrate Lucene 2.9 To SOLR

Posted by Robert Stewart <bs...@gmail.com>.
I am about to try exact same thing, running SOLR on top of Lucene indexes created by Lucene.Net 2.9.2.  AFAIK, it should work.  Not sure if indexes become non-backwards compatible once any new documents are written to them by SOLR though.  Probably good to make a backup first.

Re: Migrate Lucene 2.9 To SOLR

Posted by Anderson vasconcelos <an...@gmail.com>.
OK. Thanks for help. I gonna try do migrate

Re: Migrate Lucene 2.9 To SOLR