Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/20 18:32:28 UTC

Next days roadmap

Hi guys,

I was mostly MIA the few past days, and will come back on monday afternoon.

There are a few things pendng that require some action :
- ApacheDS 2.0.0-M7 has been released, and we have to update the site
and make the announcement
- I'm fighting with the txn branch merge with trunk. Despite the fact
that I have merged trunk into this branch mor ethan once, this is still
a challenge. I'll propably spend most of my monday on that
- I still have to review Göktürk mail about OSGi. Will do that asap.
- We should decide how to fix the issue we have with cursor that aren't
closed. This one is absolutly critical. Right now, the proposed solution
is to read forward all the entries, and to store them either in memory,
or on disk, before sending them to the client. Frankly, I don't see any
better solution atm.

At some point, we also have to discuss what we should put into M8. IMO,
OSGification of the server should be included as soon as it's done, and
we should then cut a milestone. That would close one important step
toward 2.0.

When done, I do think we should address the JIRAs we have, before piling
up some new features.

Otherwise, we still have some important features to add in the next few
milestones :
- Disaster Recovery System : what should the server do if it's brutally
stopped ?
- MMR replication : M/S replication is supposed to work (more or less,
it seems wehave issues with subentries : to be checked)
- Triggers and SP must be reviexed and fixed: currently, it does not
work anymore due to the API modification (we aren't using JNDI anymore)
- Administrative Model is still incomplete. We have to get it working
with the complete X500 features
- Caches must be improved
- Kerberos needs a *lot* of love !
- HBase backend must be improved and included into trunk
- We have to test JDBM3

There are probably more items I have not mentionned here, feel free to
add what you have in mind.

Thanks !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny