Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Fatih Haltas <fa...@nyu.edu> on 2013/07/10 09:59:48 UTC

Sqoop and Hadoop

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to import data from postgresql to hdfs via sqoop, however, all
examples, i got on internet is talking about hive,hbase etc. kind of
system,running within hadoop.

I am not using, any of these systems, isnt it possible to import data
without having those kind of systems,running on hadoop via sqoop?

In other words, I am using hadoop and mapreduce systems itself alone, is it
possible to import data from postgresql to that basic hadoop system via
sqoop?

Re: Sqoop and Hadoop

Posted by Fatih Haltas <fa...@nyu.edu>.
Thanks you all so much.

Re: Sqoop and Hadoop

Posted by Fatih Haltas <fa...@nyu.edu>.
Thanks you all so much.

Re: Sqoop and Hadoop

Posted by Fatih Haltas <fa...@nyu.edu>.
Thanks you all so much.

Re: Sqoop and Hadoop

Posted by Fatih Haltas <fa...@nyu.edu>.
Thanks you all so much.

Re: Sqoop and Hadoop

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sqoop and Hadoop

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You don't need hive nor hbase. A basic hadoop system (hdfs + mapreduce) is
enough.
I believe the documentation is well done.
If you have further questions, you should ask the correct mailing list.
http://sqoop.apache.org/mail-lists.html

Bertrand

--
Bertrand Dechoux