Posted to users@flex.apache.org by jbennett <jo...@adp.com> on 2017/02/08 21:51:48 UTC

How to decode AMF data for automation purposes

Good day everyone,

     I'm trying to automate the retrieval of performance data and settings
details from a larger number of servers on our network. I've been able to
access a lot of this data using a REST API but this API has limitations
which the vendor just confirmed for me the other day.

     The information on the servers' current status can be accessed using a
Flash (Flex) website and I was able to deserialize enough of the responses
from the server to see that the information I need is indeed buried inside
the response but it is not human readable.

     Does anyone know how to decode the AMF responses such that they are
human-readable? I have included an example website and its associated AMF
response message.

     Any help with figuring out how to decode this information so that I can
automate these types of requests by parsing the responses would be sincerely
appreciated.

     Thank you everyone!

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n14661/xcvxcvxcv.jpg>

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n14661/asdvdsvdsv.jpg>

Re: How to decode AMF data for automation purposes

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.
Good day,

Maybe AMF deserialization like this:
1. use  registerClassAlias()
<http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/package.html#registerClassAlias()>
for each custom Class used within AMF
2. read input as ByteArray
3. set ObjectEncoding.AMF0 or ObjectEncoding.AMF3
4. byteArray.readObject() as SomeMyClass
5. trace(someMyClass.someProperty);

Check:
Reading and writing a ByteArray
<http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7d54.html>