Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Norbert Naveen <no...@tayana.in> on 2017/06/14 04:00:12 UTC

Transparent Proxy with Content injection for HTTP

Hello All

 I know that ATS can be set up as a Transparent HTTP Proxy Server

 Can it also be made use of to Insert Small Javascript to add a Overlay JS
Layer used to notify users

Thanks

Naveen

Re: Transparent Proxy with Content injection for HTTP

Posted by Jeremy Payne <jp...@gmail.com>.
The lua plugin may also be of use here as well.
There are some simple transform examples in the below guide that you can
probably expand on.

https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/plugins/ts_lua.en.html

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2017-06-15 at 06:00 -0700, Naveen wrote:
> Thanks Nick
>  Can you share the URL where I Can find the Stream-Editor  plugin ?
>  and any Example reference for doing as such .

If you have a trafficserver release more  recent than that
blog entry, then it's somewhere under the plugins directory.

> is the below stream-editor you are talking about ?
> https://bahumbug.wordpress.com/2015/07/04/2722/

Yes.

--
Nick Kew

Re: Transparent Proxy with Content injection for HTTP

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2017-06-14 at 09:30 +0530, Norbert Naveen wrote:
> Hello All
>
>  I know that ATS can be set up as a Transparent HTTP Proxy Server
>
>  Can it also be made use of to Insert Small Javascript to add a
> Overlay JS Layer used to notify users

You can use the stream-editor plugin for simple content
manipulation, including inserting something.

--
Nick Kew