Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Felczak, John" <jf...@edmunds.com> on 2010/01/29 20:27:28 UTC

How to add Maven2 project using Perforce SCM?

I'm evaluating Apache Continuum as a CI tool as we move increasingly to a maven-dominated development environment.

Here's version info on what I've got set up:

About Continuum
Version:               1.2.3
Build Number:   732759

Maven version: 2.0.9
Java version: 1.6.0_05
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.x86_64" arch: "amd64" Family: "unix"

In trying to set up a Maven 2 project, for the POM URL I use the format from the Maven POM files (sensitive info replaced with generic tokens fr purposes of this email):

I then put in the username and password of a valid perforce user.

In all cases I get back nothing but "The specified resource cannot be accessed. Please try again later or contact your administrator."

Perforce operations using those same credentials in p4v from my laptop or the p4 command line client work fine, as do maven builds and releases using those POM URLs both from the command line and also in our current production BMS (AnthillPro 3).

Is there something special I need to do with the SCM URLs for the POMs so that Continuum will handle them properly?

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else, but after a couple of weeks of searching I haven't been able to find any.  Also, since I see examples in the archives of Perforce use cases that clearly have got past this point, has anyone ever documented anywhere how they got this working with Perforce?

John J. Felczak  | Senior Release Engineer
Edmunds, Inc.

Re: How to add Maven2 project using Perforce SCM?

Posted by Peter Janes <co...@peterjanes.ca>.
On 29/01/10 02:27 PM, Felczak, John wrote:
> In trying to set up a Maven 2 project, for the POM URL I use the format from the Maven POM files (sensitive info replaced with generic tokens fr purposes of this email):

> I then put in the username and password of a valid perforce user.
>
> In all cases I get back nothing but "The specified resource cannot be accessed. Please try again later or contact your administrator."
>
> Perforce operations using those same credentials in p4v from my laptop or the p4 command line client work fine, as do maven builds and releases using those POM URLs both from the command line and also in our current production BMS (AnthillPro 3).
>
> Is there something special I need to do with the SCM URLs for the POMs so that Continuum will handle them properly?

I don't believe it's possible to use SCM URLs to create a project.  Instead
you have to provide an HTTP(s) URL---p4web is handy for this---or upload the
POM file.  You'll still have to include the username/password so that
Continuum will be able to retrieve updates once the project has been created.

Also, note that your POMs' <scm> elements *do* need to use SCM URLs.

--
Sometimes the Universe needs a change of perspective.
   --J. Michael Straczynski