Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Alessandro <al...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/07 17:40:23 UTC

Maven projects regression in NB 12.0

Hi all,
  I am facing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-4341 .

The bug hinders the usability of my NBSpringBoot plugin as it manifests
immediately when creating new Spring Boot projects.

Has something changed recently in NB12.0 with regard to the Maven area?

Apparently after a maven build and download of dependencies a project
reindex is not triggered and NB thinks the project is still unloadable for
missing dependencies.

Regards.
*--*
*Alessandro Falappa*

Re: Maven projects regression in NB 12.0

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 at 06:36, antonio <an...@vieiro.net> wrote:
> This is a good candidate for NB 12.1, is it?

I would have thought a good candidate for 12.0 update 1?!

Maybe we can work towards a patch update by end of June or by freeze
for 12.1?  Assuming Oracle update of nb-javac is still inbound and
intended?

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Maven projects regression in NB 12.0

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

Once you create one project and restart the IDE, creation of more
projects seem to work fine.

I was cleaning up after creating a project, using right-mouse->Delete. I
selected delete the source code as well and noticed the following in the
console window.

WARNING org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.TrackingFileManager - Failed to
read tracking file
D:\Programs\M2\repository\org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-starter-parent\2.3.0.RELEASE\_remote.repositories
java.nio.channels.FileLockInterruptionException

I'm running on JDK 11.07+10 from adoptopenjdk.net.

I know Windows is notorious for holding file locks, so that's not
entirely unexpected.

However, why is NetBeans trying to delete something in my repository?

Deleting org\springframework\boot\spring-boot-starter-parent\2.3.0.RELEASE
from my repository reproduces the unloadable pom.xml problem. Once it's
back in my repository, all is well.

So, maybe something about reading the local repository, and then
something else about deleting stuff out of the local repository (?!) is
the problem?

I still have no idea why Netbeans would consider deleting anything out
of my local repository.

. . . just my two cents

Mark
/mde/

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Well too late now to contribute to NetCAT 12.0 now, but here's the page
where you'd do it the next time around (NetCAT 13.0):

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetCAT+12.0+Test+Spec+Reviews

If you can reproduce the problem consistently, maybe we can list it in a
troubleshooting section on the release page.

Gj

Posted by John Mc <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alessandro <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
thanks to Christian Oyarzun for finding the root cause of the problem (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-4341 for details).

We now have a workaround and Mattias Blaesing has queued a proper fix in
the codebase (https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2177).

Thanks everybody.

Regards
*--*