Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Adam Trickett <ad...@ucr.edu> on 1997/11/22 18:39:19 UTC

os-windows/1458: Will not run as a service

>Number:         1458
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Will not run as a service
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Installed Apache, works OKAY! When I tried to install as a service 'apache -i'
jammed service manager. Killed service manager, system okay. Will not run as
a service.

PROBLEMS:

1) How do I get it out of the service database? 'apache -u'? No documentation
on the topic.

2) Norton Anti-Virus 2.01 has stopped running on my system.

Problem happened on 2 out of 2 NT systems I tried.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
At least update the documentation a bit, installing and un-installing NT
services isn't really described, and that's how us NT people like to run
things like this.

Hope this is useful to you