Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by tomcool <to...@hotmail.fr> on 2014/07/28 13:04:20 UTC

solr uima and opencalais

Hi.

I'm looking into different possibilities of named-entity extraction features
offered by Solr uima.
The OpenCalais web service would fit my needs, but I can't get it to work
right.

First question : is the openCalais annotator up to date ?

Right now, I can send a request to the openCalais service successfully, but
I when I try to write the response to a Solr field I am not able to retrieve
useful concepts.

In my uimaProcessor I have the following mappings :

<lst name="fieldMappings">
<lst name="type">
    <str name="name">org.apache.uima.calais.Country</str>
    <lst name="mapping">
        <str name="feature">coveredText</str>
        <str name="field">concept</str>
    </lst>
</lst>

If, instead of the feature "coveredText" I use "calaisType" (from the
openCalaisAnnotator), the field is filled with the following uri :
"http://s.opencalais.com/1/type/sys/InstanceInfo"

I tried with several other feature names but I don't retrieve anything
useful.

Is there a particular feature I should be using ?