Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Peter Brouwer <pe...@cs.com> on 2005/08/05 16:56:35 UTC

format of Data stream and ole10Native file

HI All,

I am (still) trying to extract image data out of Word documents. I have got it more or less working with word 97 by reading the Escher records. I found that with other word versions things are different and I might get a "Data" or "Ole10Native" file in the poi filesystem. If look into these streams I see that the original files/images are in there but also some header information. Does anybody know how these files are formatted or how to read these files/streams?

Many thanks,
Peter