Posted to user@flume.apache.org by dw...@here.com on 2013/10/22 22:07:05 UTC

help with config file for scribe source

I am new to both Flume and Scribe.  I am trying to configure a flume server with a Scribe source and rolling file sink (eventually it will be an s3 sink which I have gotten to work already)  For the scribe source I am taking in data with multiple scribe categories.  What I need to be able to do is split those Scribe categories up into multiple sinks that would go into different directories either with the rolling file sink or s3.  It is the splitting up of the Scribe source into its multiple categories that I have not been able to accomplish.  The documentation for the Scribe source doesn't give any examples of how to setup the flume config file to do this.  I have done a lot of searching on the web but not found anything gives me a clear example of how to setup my flume config file to split up the multiple incoming scribe categories into separate sinks.  I would appreciate any help, direction, and instruction on this.

Regards,
Dwight Marzolf

Dwight Marzolf
Sr. Engineer