Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Maxime Petazzoni <ma...@bulix.org> on 2005/09/02 02:34:03 UTC

Summer Of Code, my opinions

Hi,

The subscribers of pmc@ knows about it already, Ian asked his SoC
students to give their opinions about their work during the last two
month. Here comes mine.

I was really, really happy to work in the Apache Software Foundation
community. This was a extraordinary opportunity for me to get involved
in one of the most important open source projects of the F/OSS world.

Even if the SoC is a one person work, it was an opportunity to follow
the list activity and learn more about Apache HTTPd. I can't even make
a list of all the things I learnt during the summer : Apache
module programming, Javascript, community work, etc, etc.

The mentoring, technical advisement and help here on the list was
really nice, too.

All I can say is a huge thank to you all. When I subscribed on the SoC
web page in the beginning of June, I was very far away from thinking
I'll be accepted, and that I would get this far. Now that I'm here,
and (I hope so) integrated into the ASF developer community, I wish
to continue working on mod_mbox, and maybe submit some patches or bug
fixes to other projects !

Again, thanks.
- Sam

PS: attached, a copy of my answers to Google's student report
from. They're more complete and will surely give you more information.

--
Maxime Petazzoni (http://www.bulix.org)
 -- gone crazy, back soon. leave message.

Re: Summer Of Code, my opinions

Posted by Maxime Petazzoni <ma...@bulix.org>.
> PS: attached, a copy of my answers to Google's student report
> from. They're more complete and will surely give you more information.

Shame on me, I forgot the file. Sorry for the noise.