Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by dkarnows <dk...@etrade.com> on 2007/10/05 20:35:09 UTC

Feedback messages and setResponsePage

Greetings,

I've noticed when I do:
  info("blah blah blah");
  setResponsePage(...);
that whether or not the feedback displays seems to be dependent on which
version of "setResponsePage()" I call. If I call this version:
  setResponsePage(Page page)      (e.g. setResponsePage(new FooPage());)
I see the feedback, but if I call this version:
  setResponsePage(java.lang.Class cls)   (e.g.
setResponsePage(FooPage.class);)
I don't see the feedback.

I'm new to Wicket (using 1.3 beta) so grateful for any help. Is this
expected?

thanks,
David

Re: Feedback messages and setResponsePage

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 16, 2007 11:36 AM, narup <ps...@wsgc.com> wrote:

> hello i am upgrading from wicket 1.2.6 to 1.3 rc1, and feedback messaging is
> not showing up with setResponse page.
>
> i am doing
> Page userPage = getUserPage();
> //1.2.6 version code which was fine
> // userPage.getFeedbackMessage().info(userPage, getUser().getDescription() +
> " Saved");
> //now i changed above line to this
>  getSession().getFeedbackMessages().info(EditUserPage.this,
> getUser().getDescription() + " Saved");
>                 setResponsePage(userPage);

You should try userPage.info or getSession().info. As far as I am
concerned, it is very unfortunately that FeedbackMessages proper ever
got exposed.

Eelco

Re: Feedback messages and setResponsePage

Posted by narup <ps...@wsgc.com>.
hello i am upgrading from wicket 1.2.6 to 1.3 rc1, and feedback messaging is
not showing up with setResponse page.

i am doing
Page userPage = getUserPage();
//1.2.6 version code which was fine
// userPage.getFeedbackMessage().info(userPage, getUser().getDescription() +
" Saved");
//now i changed above line to this
 getSession().getFeedbackMessages().info(EditUserPage.this,
getUser().getDescription() + " Saved");
                setResponsePage(userPage);

but this doesn't work!! not sure what's wrong .
thanks

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.