Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Edmands <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/02 22:37:10 UTC

Spamassassin and multimaster MySQL cluster

I have been reading about spamassassins ability to be used with a
mysql cluster. I am familiar with XtraDB Cluster from Percona. It's
currently what we use and it's pretty easy to setup. I have 3
locations with 2 relays at each location. I am thinking to just make
each mail relay, into a Percona XtraDB MySQL instance and do the
replication this way. The configs will just point to localhost or
127.0.0.1, but the data is all replicated, etc.

Does this sound doable? Do the perl modules for mysql/spamassassin
only work with very specific mysql clusters/replication? it would also
be InnoDB as this type of cluster is not using NDB. From my
experience, the replication side of things is heavily transparent to
the application that uses the database. It just won't be a distributed
load or speed increase. If anything, maybe a speed hit, etc.

Any auto_increment settings that don't work, or work but cause issues?