Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/06 16:25:55 UTC

Microsoft Publisher quick integration

We have some people at the office that use Microsoft
Publisher to quickly put together some webpage ideas.
I'm trying to incorporate into OFBiz without having to
retemplate what they've done.  Everything works fine
except for displaying images.  The convention that
Publisher uses is to store all embeded images in
/index_files (ie image1.gif = /index_files/image1.gif)

When it outputs through OFBiz it naturaly displays
this link as being
domainname/webappname/control/index_files/image1.gif

So, I created a request uri named "index_files"

Because of the final foreslash, the RequestHandler
treats  image1.gif as non existing page request.

Any ideas?  I've also considered running ?replace in
freemarker but my syntax was wrong there...

${${screens.render("component://xyz/webapp/xyz/publisher.abc.ftl")}?replace("string1", "string2")}

Re: Problem with Promotions

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Tibor,

Please see here : http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices

I was able to access at 11h11 but was a bit slow

Thanks for your help

Jacques

Re: Problem with Promotions

Posted by tibor katelbach <oc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problem with Promotions

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
Tibor,

Re: Problem with Promotions

Posted by tibor katelbach <oc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problem with Promotions

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
Tibor,

Re: Problem with Promotions

Posted by tibor katelbach <oc...@gmail.com>.

Problem with Promotions

Re: Microsoft Publisher quick integration

Posted by Fabian Gorsler <fa...@der-moloch.de>.
Hi Chris,

> Fabian,
> Your advice was correct on the placement of the
> replace built-in.  The problem was that
> screens.render("component://xyz/widget/MyScreen#abc)
> returns "" instead of the output.

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with that. Up to now I haven't redered a
screen "manually". I just saw the syntactical problem.

In the moment I'm thinking about something like
<@o...@ofbizUrl> for your problem, but I don't think
that you want s.th. like that.

Best regards,
Fabian.

Re: Microsoft Publisher quick integration

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
Fabian,
Your advice was correct on the placement of the
replace built-in.  The problem was that
screens.render("component://xyz/widget/MyScreen#abc)
returns "" instead of the output.

I got it working with the following bsh script and
then the variable
${writer?replace("string1","string2"}

[code]
import org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreen;
import org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenFactory;
import org.ofbiz.widget.html.HtmlFormRenderer;
import org.ofbiz.widget.html.HtmlScreenRenderer;

context.put("pubStylesheet", pubStylesheet);

ModelScreen modelScreen =
ScreenFactory.getScreenFromLocation("component://nhmEcom/widget/OrderScreens.xml",
"ind");

writer = new StringWriter();

htmlScreenRenderer = new HtmlScreenRenderer();

modelScreen.renderScreenString(writer, context,
htmlScreenRenderer);

context.put("writer", writer);
[/code]

As soon as I figure out how to not have to mirror a
definition for each page in the controller.xml file
I'll put a write up on this on the docs site.

Quick question for the community though.  The obvious
benefit of this is to mimick the old school upload via
FTP for those needing WYSIWYG and not wanting to
venture to far out but still benefit from OFBiz.  Does
changing the upload protocol from FTP to SFTP make
this kind of implementation secure enough to actually
use?  It's basically giving carte blanche access to
anyone who can upload to the designated folder.  Aside
from strict user management on the SFTP server what
else should I be looking out for?

--- Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I gave the wrong path...
>
> example should have been

${screen.render("component://xyz/widget/MyScreen#abc")}

${screen.render("component://xyz/widget/MyScreen#abc")?replace("string1",
> "string2"} will replace string1 with string2 inside
> the string "component://xyz/widget/MyScreen#abc"
>
> so if
> string1 = xyz
> string2 =def
>
> result =

${screen.render("component://def/widget/MyScreen#abc")}

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
I gave the wrong path...

Posted by Fabian Gorsler <fa...@der-moloch.de>.
Hi Chris,