Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by John Embretsen <Jo...@Sun.COM> on 2006/06/01 10:15:28 UTC

Re: [MEMORY]Free memory

yves pielusenet wrote:

> Here is two screenshoots of jmp (Java Memory Profiler). My application
> create 10 derby database (2 by 2).
> So before when I didn't shutdown database (look at the Heap size  =
> 63.5MB) :
> http://narma.free.fr/depot/sansShutdown.png
>
> And now when I shutdown databases (I draw red arrow each times 2
> databases are shutdown (at the same time)):
> http://narma.free.fr/depot/avecShutdown.png
>
> It is the same application and the second screen shoot has been taken
> more longer after then the first. So I save ~40M :c)

Interesting graphs... I have not used JMP before (but similar tools); so
would you mind telling us what exactly the gray, pink and green colors
represent in your screenshots?

I am assuming that the x-axis represents time and that the y-axis
represents bytes (heap usage and/or capacity).

Also, which JVM version/vendor are you using, and which version of Derby?

--
John

Re: [MEMORY]Free memory

Posted by yves pielusenet <yv...@free.fr>.
Le jeudi 01 juin 2006 à 10:15 +0200, John Embretsen a écrit :
> yves pielusenet wrote:
>
> > Here is two screenshoots of jmp (Java Memory Profiler). My application
> > create 10 derby database (2 by 2).
> > So before when I didn't shutdown database (look at the Heap size  =
> > 63.5MB) :
> > http://narma.free.fr/depot/sansShutdown.png
> >
> > And now when I shutdown databases (I draw red arrow each times 2
> > databases are shutdown (at the same time)):
> > http://narma.free.fr/depot/avecShutdown.png
> >
> > It is the same application and the second screen shoot has been taken
> > more longer after then the first. So I save ~40M :c)
>

> Interesting graphs... I have not used JMP before (but similar tools); so
> would you mind telling us what exactly the gray, pink and green colors
> represent in your screenshots?
>
> I am assuming that the x-axis represents time and that the y-axis
> represents bytes (heap usage and/or capacity).
>
> Also, which JVM version/vendor are you using, and which version of Derby?

* So in pink it is the Heap memory of java (the memory allocated by
java).
* Into grey it is momory really used
* Into green it is momory used by object from derby package. Here
options I use for jmp :
-Xrunjmp:nomethods,nomonitors,noobjects,filter=org.apache.derby
and when my graphique user interface is shown I active objects and
monitor profiling.

* Here the java I use :
java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

* And my derby package is : db-derby-10.1.2.1-bin

--
yves piel