Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp> on 2002/07/05 08:15:09 UTC

OT Re: Stop coming out with more toys

Craig said

> An early comp sci teacher of mine told me "you only write one application
> in your life ... then you spend the rest of your life doing it over again
> ...".

IIRC, the guy who invented FORTH claimed to have written over a hundred
distinct applications before he retired from software to focus on
hardware. He can back up his claim, too.

FORTH has an extremely streamlined object model, but no where I have
seen yet has that object model been properly translated into "modern"
systems. I've tried and failed, too, and that makes me itch at the
limits of every other language I've used.

Anyway, a good language, framework, and good programming discipline
should allow a person to escape the one-app trap.

--
Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp>