Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mireia <mi...@alumnos.upm.es> on 2017/06/01 19:50:54 UTC

Android app produces data in Kafka

Hi.

I am going to do a project in the University in order to finish my master in IoT.

I need to know if it is posible connect an android app with Kafka. I want that my mobile android takes data with its sensors and produces the data in Kafka logs.
If that is posible, where can I find documentation about it?

Thanks.

Regards,

Mireya B. de Miguel Álvarez

RE: Android app produces data in Kafka

Posted by "Tauzell, Dave" <Da...@surescripts.com>.
Sounds like there are some issues using the Kafka java library on Android.  I think instead you should create a REST api (or use the REST proxy provided by Confluent) and have your device make HTTP calls to something that then puts messages onto Kafka.

-Dave

I am going to do a project in the University in order to finish my master in IoT.

I need to know if it is posible connect an android app with Kafka. I want that my mobile android takes data with its sensors and produces the data in Kafka logs.
If that is posible, where can I find documentation about it?

Thanks.

Regards,

Mireya B. de Miguel Álvarez

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain sensitive information, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.

Android app produces data in Kafka

Posted by Mireia <mi...@alumnos.upm.es>.