Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Carl Woolf <cw...@macromedia.com> on 2001/05/10 17:10:43 UTC

Reducing 'unsubscribe me' traffic?

Hi Glen!

<die-hard-empathy-for-fellow-technophobes SOAP-ENV:mustUnderstand="0">

I think a lot of folks get subscribed in a way that Pragmatic Programmer
would describe as 'by accident', in the sense that they are not quite sure
of the procedure / process / architecture / methodology, someone wrote
something on a slip of paper, they went to 10 different pages trying to
find the command, eventually did something that worked but don't remember
what in all the confusion. Certainly don't remember the one bit about how
to unsubscribe. 'RTFM' can easily get out-weighed by information-overload
and confusion.

</die-hard-empathy-for-fellow-technophobes>

These messages certainly are annoying, though!!

<main-point>

I notice that all messages to soap-user seem to have tacked to their ends
an automatic reminder of how to unsubscribe. I'll bet that such a tack-on
would diminish (not eliminate, let's be real) the 'unsubscribe me' traffic.

</main-point>

Does anyone know how to configure the various soap/axis lists so that these
automatic reminders appear on all our favorite lists? (Uh oh, I don't
remember whether the FM already told me how to handle this :>)

Carl Woolf      woolf@ccs.neu.edu     www.ccs.neu.edu/home/woolf
Macromedia      woolf@macromedia.com          www.macromedia.com