Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <sp...@rhoderunner.com> on 2006/05/01 22:30:13 UTC

replace smart quotes in listener methods?

I was hoping that someone in the list had to strip out the smart quotes of
user input in tapestry and could point me in the right direction.

I have googled and tried things for several hours to no avail.

My apache is sending "UTF-8" as a header
I set the URIEncoding="UTF-8" on my tomcat connector (mod_jk2)

I was wondering if I also have to set a charset for tapestry or even ognl?

When I read my property values that contain the smart quotes (aka curly
microsoft quotes), the values are displayed with question marks.

Appreciate any help on this.