Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Zhemzhitsky Sergey <Se...@troika.ru> on 2011/10/24 10:20:02 UTC

Simple way to log all bundle events

Hi there,

I have to log all bundle events (started, starting, etc.) among with some bundle properties, so I'm wondering in whether there is a simple way to do it without developing of custom BundleListener?

Best Regards,
Sergey

The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the original intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and delete it from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation. Troika Dialog, Russia.
If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center  (+7495) 258 0500 or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp

RE: Simple way to log all bundle events

Posted by Zhemzhitsky Sergey <Se...@troika.ru>.
Hello Guillaume,

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Sergey

I think you have to.  The OSGi framework is not mandated to log bundle / service events, and Felix Framework does not, so you could either use a BundleListener or an EventHandler and log the events yourself.

If you already use Camel, you could also look at http://gnodet.blogspot.com/2010/09/two-karaf-related-camel-components.html and use the event component to grab osgi events and log them using the log component.

If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center (+7495) 258 0500<tel:%28%2B7495%29%20258%200500> or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp<http://www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp>

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.2.x/users-guide/logging-system.html
should help.

Glen

On 10/24/2011 04:20 AM, Zhemzhitsky Sergey wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have to log all bundle events (started, starting, etc.) among with
> some bundle properties, so I'm wondering in whether there is a simple
> way to do it without developing of custom BundleListener?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Sergey

> The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf
> idential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the original
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
> retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any
> action in reliance upon, this information is prohibited. If you have
> received this communication in error, please notify the sender
> immediately by replying to this message and delete it from your
> computer. Thank you for your cooperation. Troika Dialog, Russia.
>
> If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center (+7495) 258
> 0500 or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp

--
Glen Mazza
Talend - http://www.talend.com/apache