Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Robert Aspinall <Ro...@noaa.gov> on 2005/09/21 19:17:12 UTC

CSV

Hello,

Does anyone have an example test plan using a CSV data source?  My plan
is as follows:

Thread Group
- CSV Data Set Config
- ForEach
   -HTTP Request

However, going by the documentation, I have no idea if this is even
correct.  When I try to run this plan, nothing about the CSV is
mentioned in the log file, and no requests are made to the server.

If anyone could provide a basic CSV example, or even better, CSV used in
conjunction with a foreach loop, I'd really appreciate it.

Robert Aspinall

NOAA's National Ocean Service
CO-OPS/Information Systems Division
1305 East-West Highway
Bldg. SSMC4, Station Id 6314
Silver Spring, MD 20910

Robert.Aspinall@noaa.gov

Re: CSV

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The ForEach Controller is normally used with a Regex Extractor, as it
needs quite a few variables to be set up first.

The JavaTest Sampler is very useful for making up Test Plans, as it
does not require an external server.

For initial experimentation, I'd suggest a simple plan such as:

Thread Group
- CSV Data Set
- JavaTest Sampler
- Listener (Tree)

The CSV Data Set element is not a sampler, so won't generate any
sample data output.
It does not log anything (unless it fails to read from the file).

S.