Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com> on 2013/06/01 15:36:36 UTC

Re: GSOC 2013 Proposal is accepted

You can see the proposal here :
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/lasitha/1

Lasitha, as you may know, Apache way of work is about meritocracy [1].

So, as a newcomer you don't have - for now - write access to the repository.
But Gsoc is about sharing code with community.

In order to ensure good code communication, I propose this way of work
during Gsoc.

== Issues ==

* Issues is an important communication channel in open-source community.

* Lenya as his issue management system based on bugzilla here :
https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Lenya
* All actions done on this tracker are reported to the Lenya dev list,
so anyone here can read it, and jump in to comment or help.

* I really suggest you to report the different coding action you plan to
done during gsoc in this tracker and update them with status, question,
etc...

== Code sharing ==

* In addition to svn access, the Apache foundation also offer git code
mirroring [2]. And Lenya has a mirror !
* I have forked this mirror on my github account :
https://github.com/florent-andre/lenya

* So, it could be very convenient that you fork my lenya repository into
you account, and then regularly submit pull request for review.
I (and others devs here) can then see, test, comment on this pull request.
Be careful to make your pull requests well functionally delimited and
focused.

You can find general documentation about git here [3] and a straight to
use tutorial here [4]

++

[1] : http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html
[2] : you can find here all apache's project that are mirrored (not all
may be here - done on demand) : https://github.com/apache/
[3] : documentation about git : http://git-scm.com/
[4] : https://github.com/

Posted by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>.
Sorry, for the list of actually open bugs in Lenya, follow :
https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&no_redirect=1&bug_status=__open__&product=Lenya&content=

The in mail link is about enter a new bug for the project.

++