Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Fr...@netscape.net on 2003/02/28 12:44:27 UTC

What to do with xml-apis.jar?

I'm new to struts.  I use MS Windows 2000.  I downloaded the zipped binaries from http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/release/v1.0.2/.  The installation web page, http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/install.html, does not mention anything about the file "xml-apis.jar".  What should users do with it?

Re: What to do with xml-apis.jar?

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.
On Friday, 02/28/2003 at 06:44 EST, Frankioski@netscape.net wrote:
> installation web page, http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/install.html,
does not
> mention anything about the file "xml-apis.jar".  What should users do
with it?

Put it on your Java classpath, along with any other .jar files in the
package.

xml-apis.jar is basically the result of compiling the Apache xml-commons
package, which provides the W3C and JCP standardized APIs for Java
programs that want to use XML.