Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org> on 2008/01/10 18:17:21 UTC

Inbound Link Text

So awhile back I said I thought it might be better to NOT have inbound
link text indexed.  One of the great things about Search Wikia and Visvo
is not we have two comparable indexes to play with.  The current Search
Wikia index was created without indexing inbound link text while the
current Visvo index was create while indexing inbound link text.  Here
are two comparable queries:

http://re.search.wikia.com/search#pydev

Try this query, notice the results, then click on the Visvo index link
on the right hand side and notice results.  There are explain links for
both.  The major difference is inbound link text being indexed.

So I was way wrong before, inbound link text being indexed is essential
to web searches.  No we just need to find a better way to filter which
inbound link text is included and which is not.  Right now the first x
number of links are included.  Any ideas on ways to make that filtering
better to know which links to include?

Dennis Kubes