Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Marco BÜCHLER <mb...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> on 2010/10/15 13:35:53 UTC

[Cocoon+OAI]

  Hi,

I'm currently preparing a proposal in the context of Digital Libraries
and Open Access. In this context: Does an implementation such as a block
exist for an OAI web interface? Since Cocoon is an XML based web
publishing framework, I would expect this but I could not found
something available in the internet.

Thanks for any help,

Cheers,
Marco

Re: [Cocoon+OAI]

Posted by Sands Alden Fish <sa...@MIT.EDU>.
Hello, you should also look at the DSpace source, which implements OAI in the digital library / institutional repository realm...

  http://dspace.org   (down at time of sending but should be back up shortly)
  http://scm.dspace.org/svn/repo/dspace/trunk/dspace-oai/

--
sands fish
Senior Software Engineer

On Oct 15, 2010, at 8:59 AM, Grégoire Neuville gregoire.neuville@gmail.com<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

You could also have a look at the ORI-OAI project here : http://www.ori-oai.org/
and more specifically at the haverster and repository modules :
http://www.ori-oai.org/display/ORIOAIharvester/ORI-OAI-harvester
http://www.ori-oai.org/display/ORIOAIrepository/ORI-OAI-repository

Cheers,

Grégoire.

On 15 October 2010 13:54, Jos Snellings <Jo...@pandora.be> wrote:
Hi Marco,

You are looking for scheduled harvesting and storage, whether you save the
harvest in xml or not.
Cocoon is more about the presentation/transformation of xml.

Maybe this brings you closer :
The Digital Commonwealth uses a solr based OAI-PMH engine to search digital
collections within Massachusetts

The SDX project is based upon cocoon, and gets serious about OAI as well:
http://www.nongnu.org/sdx/docs/html/doc-sdx2/en/index.html

Cheers,
Jos

On 10/15/2010 01:35 PM, Marco BÜCHLER wrote:

 Hi,

I'm currently preparing a proposal in the context of Digital Libraries and
Open Access. In this context: Does an implementation such as a block exist
for an OAI web interface? Since Cocoon is an XML based web publishing
framework, I would expect this but I could not found something available in
the internet.

Thanks for any help,

Cheers,
Marco

Grégoire Neuville

Re: [Cocoon+OAI]

Posted by Grégoire Neuville <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You could also have a look at the ORI-OAI project here : http://www.ori-oai.org/
and more specifically at the haverster and repository modules :
http://www.ori-oai.org/display/ORIOAIharvester/ORI-OAI-harvester
http://www.ori-oai.org/display/ORIOAIrepository/ORI-OAI-repository

Cheers,

Grégoire.

On 15 October 2010 13:54, Jos Snellings <Jo...@pandora.be> wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> You are looking for scheduled harvesting and storage, whether you save the
> harvest in xml or not.
> Cocoon is more about the presentation/transformation of xml.
>
> Maybe this brings you closer :
> The Digital Commonwealth uses a solr based OAI-PMH engine to search digital
> collections within Massachusetts
>
> The SDX project is based upon cocoon, and gets serious about OAI as well:
> http://www.nongnu.org/sdx/docs/html/doc-sdx2/en/index.html
>

> Cheers,
> Jos
>
> On 10/15/2010 01:35 PM, Marco BÜCHLER wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>
> I'm currently preparing a proposal in the context of Digital Libraries and
> Open Access. In this context: Does an implementation such as a block exist
> for an OAI web interface? Since Cocoon is an XML based web publishing
> framework, I would expect this but I could not found something available in
> the internet.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Cheers,
> Marco