Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by Jun Li <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/25 03:01:59 UTC

Can't drop unique index on SQL Server.

Unique index on SQL Server is used for UNIQUE KEY constraint enforcement,
therefore, instead of using DROP INDEX index_name; should use ALTER TABLE
table_name DROP CONSTRAINT index_name;

--
--------------
Cheers,

Re: Can't drop unique index on SQL Server.

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 7/24/06, Jun Li <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I meant the unique indexes created by defining unique constraints.
> For other unique indexes should still use DROP INDEX table_name.index_name.

Well, that's different as unique constraints (without the index) are
currently not supported by DdlUtils (see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DDLUTILS-85).

Tom

Re: Can't drop unique index on SQL Server.

Posted by Jun Li <al...@gmail.com>.

--

Posted by Jun Li <al...@gmail.com>.

It's *DDLUTILS-119* <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DDLUTILS-119>