Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/19 06:46:34 UTC

[build]package org.apache.catalina.l ifecycle does not exist

When i 'mvn clean install' geronimo in trunk in linux, it will fail and report:

/home/sean/at/geronimo/trunk-ri/modules/geronimo-tomcat6/src/main/java/org/apach
e/geronimo/tomcat/TomcatLifecycleProvider.java:29: package
org.apache.catalina.l ifecycle does not exist
import org.apache.catalina.lifecycle.LifecycleProvider;
                                     ^

/home/sean/at/geronimo/trunk-ri/modules/geronimo-tomcat6/src/main/java/org/apach
e/geronimo/tomcat/TomcatLifecycleProvider.java:[35,48] cannot find
symbol
symbol: class LifecycleProvider
public class TomcatLifecycleProvider implements LifecycleProvider {

It works well in windows xp, and my revision 530253.
Anybody has been encountered the same problem?

--
Sean Qiu

Re: [build]package org.apache.catalina.l ifecycle does not exist

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Maybe you are building offline?  This is in a modified tomcat binary
that is in the "repository" file system "remote" repository.  You
have to build that module online in order to get the modified tomcat
jars into your local repo.  However, I don't know how you could get
this far without a missing dependency error....

david jencks