Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@apache.org> on 2016/07/13 20:20:53 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.16- RC1

Discussion thread for vote on Apache Airavata 0.16 release candidate.

If you have any questions or feedback or to post results of validating
the release, please reply to this thread. Once you verify the release,
please post your vote to the VOTE thread.

For reference, the Apache release guide  -
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

Some tips to validate the release before you vote:

* Download the binary version and run the 5 minute or 10 minute
tutorial as described in README and website.
* Download the source files from compressed files and release tag and
build (which includes tests).
* Verify the distribution for the required LICENSE and NOTICE files
* Verify if all the staged files are signed and the signature is verifiable.
* Verify if the signing key in the project's KEYS file is hosted on a
public server

Thanks for your time in validating the release and voting,
Shameera Rathnayaka
(On Behalf of Airavata PMC)

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.16- RC1

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh,

I had to create new gpg signature with 4096 length instead of my previous
signature which has 2048 length. I followed this
http://www.apache.org/dev/key-transition.html to perform the valid key
transition.  Thank you for signing my new key.

Thanks,
Shameera

Shameera Rathnayaka

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.16- RC1

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.

[1] - http://www.apache.org/info/verification.html <http://www.apache.org/info/verification.html>
[2] - https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/checking-gpg-signature.html <https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/checking-gpg-signature.html>
[3] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-2002 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-2002>