Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/03/01 03:50:56 UTC

Re: Question about using JMS tags example of Jakarta tagLib

Hey Sam

Sorry for the delay getting back to you - I've been offline for a few days.

Are you using the web.xml from the examples that has the initServlet to
initialize Messenger? Here's the snippet from the web.xml that does the
magic...

    <!-- Initialize the Messenger JMS connections -->
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>InitMessenger</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.commons.messenger.InitMessengerServlet</servlet-cl
ass>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>config</param-name>
      <param-value>/WEB-INF/Messenger.xml</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

Could it be that the above fails for some reason earlier in your Servlet
log?

What Servlet engine are you using? I've tested these tags thoroughly on
Tomcat 4.0.x and they seem to work fine for me.

James