Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by tom poe <to...@amihost.com> on 2003/10/09 07:20:57 UTC

RH8 and -jar not understood problem solved

Hi:  Got it.  The command to run successfully was:
[tompoe@localhost batik-1.5]$ /usr/java/j2re1.4.1_02/bin/java -jar
batik.jar

So, when I typed
[tompoe@localhost batik-1.5]$ java -jar batik.jar
Warning: -jar not understood. Ignoring.

it was telling me that java was the culprit.  Once I found java on the
system, all was well.  Wonder why I don't find java on RH?
Thanks, Tom

Re: RH8 and -jar not understood problem solved

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
tom poe wrote:

> Hi:  Got it.  The command to run successfully was:
> [tompoe@localhost batik-1.5]$ /usr/java/j2re1.4.1_02/bin/java -jar
> batik.jar
>
> So, when I typed
> [tompoe@localhost batik-1.5]$ java -jar batik.jar
> Warning: -jar not understood. Ignoring.
>
> it was telling me that java was the culprit.  Once I found java on the
> system, all was well.  Wonder why I don't find java on RH?

    It looks like you were picking up the java runtime for 'gcj' the
Gnu Compile for Java. This is a Java front end for GCC.