Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Anuradha Ratnaweera <gn...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/08 07:08:38 UTC

[Axis2] Some clarifications

Hi all,

Need a clarification, please forgive my irnorance of the XML/WS
domain.  Please let me know if I am right or wrong in the following
statements:

1. Axis2 users _either_ libxml2 OR guththila as the XML parser
2. If libxml2 is selected, axis2 uses the one installed in the system,
and axis2 tree has only the wrapper
3. If guththila is selected, axis2 tree has both wrapper and guththila
library (impl)
4. Can someone enable both libxml2 and guththila?

        Anuradha
--
http://anuradha-ratnaweera.blogspot.com
http://www.linux.lk/~anuradha/

Re: [Axis2] Some clarifications

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Need a clarification, please forgive my irnorance of the XML/WS
>domain.  Please let me know if I am right or wrong in the following
>statements:
>
>1. Axis2 users _either_ libxml2 OR guththila as the XML parser

YES

>2. If libxml2 is selected, axis2 uses the one installed in the system,
>and axis2 tree has only the wrapper

The idea is axis2 should be able to dyanmically change the parser. So if
new parser is introduced it should implement the axis2 parser api
thorough a wrapper.  What libxml2 and guththila wrappers do is exactly
this.  Yes what axis2 tree has is only the libxml2 wrapper. Axis2 tree
also has the guththila wrapper. But it also has the guththila
implemenation inside axis2 tree. This is because we participated in
developing Guththila. We have plans to remove guththila impl from axis2
tree shortly and develop it as a seperate project.

>3. If guththila is selected, axis2 tree has both wrapper and guththila
>library (impl)

Above explanation should answer this.

>4. Can someone enable both libxml2 and guththila?

At compile time some one can build both guththial and libxml2 wrappers
or selectively build one, using configure options(or not build a one at
all if he choose to do so for some reason)

But he can use only one  when running OM in a perticuler instance. But
he should be able to dynamically change the
parser instance he use without recomiling his code.(In current tests you
can change the parser by just renaming the
parser dll to libaxis2_parser.so)

thanks
damitha