Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Jean-Jacques Clar <JJ...@novell.com> on 2004/05/01 00:57:32 UTC

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

I have started building/reading/correcting the submitted french translation and will try to start committing some of it next week.
Thanks for sending us those files.

Vincent M.,
It will be great if we could put together the result of our work and don't duplicate changes..
Shall we divide the reading and corrections in half as a first step, then share our corrected files so we could make sure things are looking good?

(It feels strange to send an e-mail in English to someone that speak french)

Thanks,
Jean-Jacques

>>> vincent@gryzor.com 4/22/2004 6:53:30 AM >>>

Vincent Milette a dit :
>>Jean-François El Fouly a dit :
>>>  Though the httpd server 1.3 documentation has been (at least partly)
>>>  translated to French, it seems the 2.0 documentation hasn't at all
>>> been
>>>  translated.
>>>
>>>  Is someone working on this ?
>>>
>>>  Thanks,
>>>
>>>  Jean-François El Fouly
>>>

>>I have translated quite a few Apache 2 docs into french, but these docs
>>stay mostly sleeping on my HD, as no one voluntereed to give them a read.
>>I lack time for now to keep on working on these, but I can send you the
>>work I already provided.
>>
>>Vincent
>
> I would be interested to read that. If you can send it to me?
> I joined the list recently and I would be interested in translating in
> French.
>
> Vincent M.

Here is a .tar.gz with [some] translated docs. Most of the "base" is
already translated.
http://www.inl.fr/apache-docs.tar.gz

Vincent

Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* "Jean-Jacques Clar" <JJ...@novell.com> wrote:

> I have started building/reading/correcting the submitted french translation
> and will try to start committing some of it next week. Thanks for sending us
> those files.

That sounds nice. Please make sure, you note the English revisions they base
on like the other translations do.

> (It feels strange to send an e-mail in English to someone that speak french)

:-)

nd
--
"Die Untergeschosse der Sempergalerie bleiben währenddessen aus
 statistischen Gründen geflutet." -- Spiegel Online