Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Shweta Khare <sh...@rti.com> on 2016/08/23 23:07:27 UTC

Creating a custom Connector to Edgent

Hi,
Is there a tutorial on how to create a custom connector for Apache Edgent.
I am going through the Kafka and Mqtt connectors to understand how to do
so, however, a tutorial on creating a custom connector will be very useful
for the community.

Thank you,
Shweta

Re: Creating a custom Connector to Edgent

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.
@shwetak can you say what kind of external entity you need to connect to?  Just curious.

It would be great if you could create a repo on github to share it.  Or if it’s pretty mainstream maybe ultimately contribute it to ASF/Edgent.

— Dale

Re: Creating a custom Connector to Edgent

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.
FYI, updated that page.

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi, this was a good prompt to capture some info on the subject!

It’s not a tutorial nor perhaps as detailed as hoped, or needed?, but hopefully its a good start.

We’re always looking for people to get involved and improve things, hint, hint :-)