Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org> on 2017/11/07 08:57:55 UTC

Apache OpenOffice Github repository has 2 open "pull" requests

Hi all,

I am a bit confused about the 2 pull request. They both seem to try to
merge changes via git into the Git Repo.

One is a portugese Language change.

The other one is a Merge request for 3.4

We should reject them or something. At least for the Language merge
request I have set a comment that, we use pootle.

(Hope that the answer is correct.)

What about the idea moving to git? I think we had posponet the desicion
after 4.1.4 which is releaed by now.

All the best

Peter

Re: Apache OpenOffice Github repository has 2 open "pull" requests

Posted by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Long story short.
I agree switching the read only got repository off if we at the same time switch to git.

In other cases I would like to check first if I can switch my github OpenOffice repo  to the svn first.
I use my repo ( or more plan to) share my development code between all my machines.
Hopefully I can do this on the weekend.

At a minimum we should maintain the read only repo more actively. Since use it, I would volunteer as a maintainer if we decide to keep it.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 07.11.2017 um 09:57 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> I am a bit confused about the 2 pull request. They both seem to try to
> merge changes via git into the Git Repo.
>
> One is a portugese Language change.
>
> The other one is a Merge request for 3.4
>

> We should reject them or something. At least for the Language merge
> request I have set a comment that, we use pootle.
>
> (Hope that the answer is correct.)

yes, we should not accept any changes in GIT as it is just another
format to get the source. But its origin is in SVN.

Marcus